10 Week Mindfulness Course for Teenagers - Cork
UPCOMING Course Details:
Dates: For Autumn 2018 will be added in 2018. ( Maternity Leave from Jan - May 2018)
Times: 5pm - 6.30pm weekly
Venue: St. Luke’s Education Centre, Castle Road, Blackrock, Cork
Pre Course Information Session: Bef0re the course
There will be free Introduction/ Pre course Orientation Session offered for Parents and Young People to come along and hear more about the course. Registration for the Course can take place at the session.
Mindfulness for Teenagers
Adolescence is a time of great changes for Young People. Rapid changes in the brain and body produce an array of different experiences, feelings and emotions for teens to manage & navigate. It can be time of great anxiety, stress, fear and insecurity for many teens as they negotiate the way through school, exams, friendships, relationships and making choices about the future. With this stress and worry often comes problems with sleep, concentration, difficulties with exams and managing relationships at home & with friends.
To help your teenage daughter or son deal with this challenging time, Bright Sparks Coaching is delighted to offer a new 10 Week Mindfulness Course for Young People. The programme was designed by Eline Snel, Fellow MBSR Teacher from Holland and Author of the best selling book Sitting Still Like a Frog & Breathe Through This.
What are the benefits of this Mindfulness Programme for my Teen?
Eline’s Programme is an adapted form of the MBSR Programme for Adults created especially to engage young people which mindfulness in a fun, accessible and honest way.
Mindfulness can provide teens with a safe haven to take some time for themselves to learn how to :
- Focus, Concentrate and Observe what is happening in the present moment, learning to pause and notice rather than just react on Autopilot
- Be in contact with their bodies, feelings and emotions and know how to mindfully and ‘kind fully’ manage these
- Calm themselves down, relax more, and let go some of the tension they are holding on too
- Deal with worry and difficultthoughts
- Build Communication Skills & integrate mindfulness into their communication and relationships with others.
- Increase their self confidence learning to trust themselves more fully
- Develop a kinder relationship with themselves & in turn with others
10 Week Course for Teenagers
Each Class will include:
- Guided Mindfulness Practices
- Group Discussion
- Personal Reflection
- Participants will be encouraged at home to continue to practice daily using the Sitting Still Like a Frog APP
Pre Course Information Session:
There will be free Introduction/ Pre course Orientation Session offered for Parents and Young People to come along and hear more about the course. Registration for the Course will take place at the session.