About Clodagh McCarthy: Bright Sparks Coaching Owner & Mindfulness Teacher
Hello and welcome to the my business & website Bright Sparks Coaching!
I am Clodagh McCarthy and I set up Bright Sparks Coaching in 2010.
I am passionate about sharing the gift of Mindfulness with Children, Young People and Adults by bringing it into the Classroom, into the Workplaces and into the lives of parents, families and individuals.
I teach the world renowned Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Programme developed by Dr. Jon Kabat Zinn and Mindfulness Courses for Children & Teens in the Eline Snel Method.
I have developed a range of new workshops and courses for the workplace and for teachers & students to support them bring Mindfulness into the Classroom and School Environment.
I have been offering courses in Cork & Dublin and all over the country since 2010
I trained to teach the MBSR Course through:
- The Oasis Institute at the Centre for Mindfulness,
- University of Massachusetts
- Medical School in Boston where Dr Jon Kabat Zinn originally developed the Programme.
I have completed all the professional trainings on the pathway to become an MBSR Teacher.
I continue to participate in regular supervision through the Centre for Mindfulness as part of my on going Professional Development.
I trained to teach children & teens with:
- Susan Kaiser Greenland , Author of the The Mindful Child in the US,
- the Mindfulness in School Project , in the UK
- and most recently with Eline Snel, Founder of the Academy of Mindful Teaching in Holland and Author of Sitting Still like a Frog to teach Mindfulness to Children & Young People. I am the first certified Teacher of Eline’s Programmes for Children and Teens in Ireland
I trained to become a Coach in the Spring of 2009 at Tipperary Institute now part of Limerick Institute of Technology. The Programme was awarded a special HETAC Level 7 award, the first at the time in Ireland for Coaching as well as being recognised as an approved course for the International Coach Federation (ICF). I was privileged to serve on the leadership board for the Irish Chapter of the ICF from 2011- 12 as the events co-coordinator organising CPD events for members
For the past number of years, I have been offering courses & coaching for Private and Corporate Clients, as well as for Teachers, and Students, Schools & Universities around the country including at:
- At Primary Schools –
Ballinadee National School, St. Mary’s National School, Carrigaline, Co.Cork, St. Andrew’s Junior School, Booterstown, Co, Dublin, Lusk National School, Co. Dublin, Scoil Noamh Feichin, Drogheda, Rathoe National School, Tullow, Co. Carlow, St. Columba’s NS, Cork, Scoil Mhuire Lourdes, Carrigaline, Co.Cork, St. Joseph’s School, Tullamore, Co Offaly,Newport Boys School, Tipperary, Scoil Chearbhaill Uí Dhálaigh, Leixslip, Co. Kildare, Kilmyshall National School, Co. Wexford
- At Secondary Schools – St. Joseph of Cluny Secondary School, Killiney, Co. Dublin, Carrigaline Community School, Cork, Rochestown College, Cork, Carrignavar Secondary School, Cork, St. Oliver’s Community School, Drogheda, St. Peter’s in Meath, De la Salle College, Dundalk, St. Gerard’s Bray, Co. Wicklow, Mountrath Community School, Co. Laois.
- At Universities / Third Level Colleges – Portobello Institute, University College Limerick (UL), University College Cork (UCC), Limerick Institute of Technology, The Royal College of Surgeons , Dublin , IBEC in Dublin, Hibernia College
- At Education Centres – Drumcondra Education Centre, Dublin, Cork Education Support Centre, The West Cork Education Centre, Cork, Navan Education Centre, Meath, andthe Co. Wexford Education Centre offering professional development courses and summer courses for teachers
- At the IPPN Principal’s Conference 2017 - Masterclass Facilitator
- National Women’s Enterprise Day 2016 - Workshop Facilitator organised by the West Cork Enterprise Board
- At Youth Centers & Community Based Projects: Foroige, Drogheda Minds Project, Niche Cork,The Social and Health Education Project Cork, the Sanctuary Dublin, Tyrrelstown Community Centre, Tyrrelstown, Co.Dublin.
- At Workplaces: Abbott, Marei Centre (Ringaskiddy), Cork, FMC Nutrition (Cork), Apple (Cork)
Bright Sparks Coaching company office is based in Cork and offers Adults, Children and Teenagers Courses here in Cork.
Mindfulness for Schools & Mindfulness for the Workplace programmes are delivered nationwide
Mindfulness ONLINE programmes can be taken from the comfort of your own home wherever you are.
If you have any query about my Mindfulness Programmes, please contact me: